A disabled child interacts with his carer

Child Disability Payment

At East Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau in west-central Scotland, we are here to help. If you live or work in the East Dunbartonshire area, we can give you personalised advice on money, benefits, support and more. Please contact us herechat online or call us on 0141 775 3220. If you reside outside of East Dunbartonshire, please contact your own local Citizens Advice Bureau for assistance. Find them here.

Child Disability Payment

Are you a carer for a child with a disability in Scotland? If so, you may be eligible for support via the first new Scottish disability benefit, the Child Disability Payment. And this new payment is due to launch nationally on 22 November 2021.

Social Security Scotland is launching this benefit scheme to support the lives of children and young people who live in Scotland. So, why has this new disability payment been created? So, this children’s benefit has been set up to help with the extra care and mobility costs of having a disability or health condition. And, this doesn’t have to be a registered disability. As such, young people suffering from mental health issues, physical conditions, or health conditions are all eligible to apply.

Wondering if your child is eligible?

And if you are wondering if your child is eligible for this benefit, then please contact East Dunbartonshire CAB for further information:

Contact us online

Call Us: 0141 775 3220

New scheme to replace Living Allowance

As you may know, the government are working to restructure the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) benefit called Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children and young people who live in Scotland. As such the Child Disability Payment is gradually replacing this benefit scheme.

But please be aware, you can’t get the Child Disability Payment for a child if you already get child DLA for as the rates for both benefits are the same.

What is this benefits scheme for?

So, what is the scheme for? Well this child benefits scheme is to help with:

  1. Extra money to help with the costs of caring for a child with a disability or ill-health condition.

2. Child Disability Payment is Scotland’s replacement for Disability Living Allowance for Children.

3. The payment has been developed to help with the extra costs of caring for a child or a young person who has a disability or health condition

4. The disability or health condition can be physical, mental, or both. There is no need for a formal diagnosis to receive the assistance.

Income Maximisation Survey

Here as well as helping you apply for support benefits, we can help you to maximise your income further. Start here with our income maximisation survey:

Income Maximisation Service webropol QR

East Dunbartonshire CAB is here to help

If you need specific advice on support, benefits or caring for a child with a disability, your local Citizens Advice Bureau can help. Residents of East Dunbartonshire can contact us herechat online or call us on 0141 775 3220. If you live outside of East Dunbartonshire, you can find your local CAB here.

Contact us

Find Us

And Book an Appointment

CALL US TODAY ON 0141 775 3220

Can we help with your council tax?

Check my council tax